The 精英运动员支援基金 has been established to provide 金融支持 to students registered under the 精英运动员项目 at Murdoch University.
As an elite athlete you can apply for financial assistance of up to $2,000来完成你的运动努力.
The funds can be applied to travel expenses to compete in national or international competitions or for equipment costs related to your sport.
Read the guidelines below before applying for the support fund.
You can apply for one 事件 or equipment purchase of up to $2,000 per semester and must apply by the end of week 8 each semester.
最多5美元,000每年最多2美元,000 for each 事件 or competition and may be divided between multiple applicants. 未使用的资金转到下一年.
The decisions of the 精英运动员支援基金 Panel are final.
If you are successful in receiving funds you will become an ambassador for the University. You need to make yourself available for a photo for social media and provide a brief written report following your competition or 事件. 你也可能被要求 从事下列活动:
- be interviewed for a story published by Murdoch University
- write a blog for the Murdoch website leading up to, during and after your competition
- talk to the University’s 参议院 about your experiences
- provide support to the 精英运动员项目 when requested.
- be currently enrolled at Murdoch University or have been enrolled and can demonstrate your intention to return to study
- be registered in the 精英运动员项目 for the sport you are funding
- have been enrolled for at least a semester and have a GPA of 1.5个或以上
- not be eligible for or receiving any regular funding or 金融支持 from the Australian Sports Commission or the Australian Institute of Sport
- not have received funds from the 精英运动员支援基金 in the previous semester.
要申请基金，你需要 递交申请表格 截止到本学期第八周星期五.
- provide a breakdown of how you intend to fund the 事件 or equipment purchase
- include details of funding provided by family members or your own contribution
- include supporting documentation with your application:
- 事件 - a letter from your registered sporting association confirming your selection or travel commitments
- 设备费用 - a letter from your coach or registered sporting association confirming the need for the purchase.
If you are successful you will be notified by phone and in writing. Funds will be paid into your nominated bank account just prior to the date of the expense.
Applications are reviewed by the 精英运动员支援基金 Panel (the Panel). The Panel is not obligated to distribute funds and the decision of the Panel is final.
该小组每年开会两次, and may also meet on an emergency basis to review applications submitted by athletes who receive last minute notification of competitions or equipment 需求.
The Special Programs liaison officer acts as non-voting chair of the panel and has a deciding vote in the 事件 of a non–majority vote.